A-BMS is an aviation billing management system which has been developed in conjunction with industry players to assist providers of Air Navigation Services in managing their ANS revenue collection operations. It collects flight data by interfacing with Radar Data Processing (RDPS), Flight Data Processing (FDPS) and AMHS / AFTN systems to ensure accurate billing of airspace usage.
A-BMS allows ANS providers to fully manage the accounts of airspace users, to gather the details of planes and pilots, facilitate payments and manage account status.
By using technology and automation to replace arduous and costly paper-based, manual processes which are often prone to errors and omissions, ANS providers can increase revenue by up to 30% by:
- reducing delays in invoicing;
- decreasing lost revenue;
- decreasing the number of outstanding accounts;
- improving the speed of payment receipt.
A-BMS’s versatile architecture allows it to be used by all providers of Air Navigation Services from general aviation services and private airfields up to commercial aviation and national ANSPs.
A-BMS Flight Movement Screen
- Account Management: A relational database of individuals and organizations who should be invoiced for their use of Air Navigation Services. As well as account attributes, Account Management displays a consolidated view of all associated data including aircraft details, flight movements, billing ledger records, etc.
- Aircraft Management: Provides a database of known aircraft, identified by their registration number, their association to an account and their characteristics including ICAO Doc 8643 and manufacturer information.
- Flight Movements: A database of flight movements which may combine flight information taken from multiple sources including AMHS/AFTN and RDPS/FDPS. Flight movements are associated, if possible, with a known account or aircraft, an invoice is generated and a billing status assigned. A web-GIS interface displays the route from the flight plan and the path from the surveillance.
- Billing Ledger: Records billing transactions including invoices, payments, credit notes and debit notes. Charges are determined using customizable formulas and invoices, which can have maps appended, can be generated and distributed via email automatically or on demand. The Billing Ledger supports the new IATA ISXML format.
- Blacklisted Aircraft Warning: Correlates real-time information coming from the Flight Planning system (AMHS/AFTN) with the billing system and provides a warning of any airspace users attempting to file a new Flight Plan whose account is blacklisted as being in arrears. This allows the ANSP to take the appropriate action, issue warnings or initiate general procedures which can include the automatic generation of a Flight Plan Cancelation message (and/or NOTAM).
- Reports and Statistics: Various kinds of reports can be customized and generated on demand from stored data in a number of formats including HTML, CSV, PDF, etc. Statistics can also be produced and displayed graphically as bar, pie, line or tabular charts. The types of statistics that can be generated include airspace usage, traffic volumes, economic values (airlines, general aviation, aircraft types and routes) and account status.
- External Customer Portal: An online portal which allows general aviation users to register accounts and aircraft and to access account information. Provides automatic notification of outstanding balance via AFTN messages and enables online payment for pre-payment or individual invoices.
A-BMS can be deployed as a standalone system or with a client / server architecture. At its heart lies a Central Billing Server which hosts both the Billing application and the Billing GUI. This is able to interface with various external systems including RDPS, FDPS and AMHS / AFTN systems as well as third party accounting systems.
The central billing database can be deployed at the customer’s location, ensuring the security of an ANSP’s valuable data, or if required, a cloud or remote database solution can be provided.
The system can be configured for internal and external users with completely customizable permissions and access rights providing read, write, invoice, print, statistics and reporting capabilities.