Spatia is an aeronautical information management system designed to facilitate the transition from AIS to AIM. Its modular design gives you the flexibility to meet your specific requirements of today while allowing for further enhancement and expansion for the requirements of tomorrow. Spatia is designed using a COTS hardware platform, common operating systems and standardized networking interfaces.
Spatia ADMS (Aeronautical Database Management System) is a high-performance and high-availability aeronautical data store which utilizes the latest technologies such as AIXM and GIS. It can achieve the goal of having “message-centric” aeronautical information and “data-centric” aeronautical packages in an integrated solution. This is one of the first objectives of the AIS / AIM transition.
Spatia ADMS can be divided into two sub-systems:
- Spatia Static Module serves as a managed and validated repository of static AIS data in compliance with AICM-AIXM v5.1. This data is useful for the message validation process and is shared seamlessly with other IDS modules. Both import and export of static AIS data in AIXM is supported. Maintenance of static AIS data can be conducted using Spatia’s tool set in Spatia Web. This web-forms interface allows users to easily query, add, and modify static data records. The use of Web-GIS technologies enables the real-time visualization of static AIS data in a geographical environment and provides users with greater situational awareness which results in more accurate data;
- Spatia Dynamic Moduleis a management system for all types of NOTAM, MET and flight plan messages. Spatia Dynamic Module supports the reception and dissemination of messages from the following:
- AMHS and AFTN;
- SADIS and WMO.
Spatia users interact with the system using Spatia Web. This web-based portal provides authorized users with a rich and responsive user-experience with an emphasis on graphically visualizing aeronautical information using web-GIS technologies. Web-based user interfaces are a must-have in any enterprise level solution such as Spatia, as it enables users to access the system from any networked computer regardless of location or operating system and with no local software installation. For AIS users, Spatia Web provides intuitive tools for conducting dynamic operations such as:
- ICAO compliant message templates for message creation;
- Powerful message search and reporting capabilities;
- On-demand generation of Narrow Route, Standard Route, Aerodrome, and FIR Pre-flight Information Bulletins (PIBs);
- Geographical visualization of NOTAMS, FPLs and PIBs;
- Support for the FPL 2012 format with an easy-to-use web interface.
Spatia's NOTAM Interface