The Measurement Laboratory is focused on the provision of measurement services as well as supporting the development of measurement system products.
The services provided address all possible aspects of testing, such as methods, measurement system selection, real-time and post-processing software, customer onsite and installation support, and overall training and maintenance, to help customers in converging to the most effective solution.
The Measurement Laboratory also conceives and develops innovative measurement equipment and systems which are enhanced and promoted by the IDS Divisions.
The following list summarizes some main application areas in which the Measurement Laboratory gained experience over more than 10 years:
- Validation of prediction codes
- Antenna performance
- Radar signature (RCS and radar high resolution diagnostic imaging)
- Electromagnetic characterization of materials
- Shielding Effectiveness of materials and screens
- EMC/EMI field survey (military platforms)
- RADHAZ (radio hazard) testing
- Avionic harnesses qualification (e.g. EN 60512-23-3)
- Radome qualification (i.e. RTCA-DO213)
- Spectrum monitoring (e.g. airports environments)
- GNSS signal monitoring
- EMC pre-compliance (CE and FCC standards)