ATFM-ASM Suite for Air Traffic Flow Management
An integrated suite of tools for Air Traffic Flow Management and Airspace Management to provide improved safety, reduced costs and a greener environment
The air traffic management capabilities Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) and Airspace Management (ASM) are integrated together in the IDS ATFM-ASM Suite. It provides Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs), aircraft operators and airport operators with a system for enhancing safety and improving efficiency and predictability from gate to gate, ensuring fair and equitable use of all airspace and enabling future curb to curb efficiency improvements.
Through the use of Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) between ANSPs and aircraft and airport operators, the suite provides a mechanism for air traffic capacity management by making use of capacity analysis and workload modeling, throughout all Air Traffic Management (ATM) phases from airports to airspace volumes. The ATFM-ASM Suite can perform Traffic Management Initiative (TMI) evaluations, including what-if modeling, and includes tools for air traffic services route planning, flight level balancing, route and fix balancing and airspace user slot swapping.
The ATFM-ASM Suite uses leading edge web technologies and the most recent aeronautical standards to deliver the benefits of modern architecture in terms of integration and flexibility. It has been designed, by our high tech integrated solutions and service company, to be scalable and modular to support different emerging needs and a wide range of customers.
With ever increasing levels of global air traffic, causing congestion in both airports and airspaces, the need to modernize and streamline the global ATM system is clear. ICAO Doc 9971 “Manual on Collaborative Air Traffic Flow Management” advises on the implementation of Air Traffic Flow Management. ATFM and ASM are concepts which use collaborative decision making to share information among all stakeholders and enable them to formulate and agree on the best solution that takes into account the requirements of all involved.
The benefits of ATFM do not just accrue to the airports, airlines and the people who fly with them. By investing in a solid future for air transportation systems now, governments will be setting course for the future growth of the local, regional and global economies while continuing to offer a safe, efficient and environmentally friendly air transport network.
Air Traffic Flow Management Suite - Main Benefits
An ATFM system to provide improved safety, reduced costs and a greener environment
Air Traffic Flow Management Suite – TECHNICAL SHEET
- Airspace demand prediction over ATM network resources
- Integration and display of current weather data and weather prediction
- Multi-source data management for flight data
- Multi-display options (load graph-histogram-map)
- Integrated Air Space Management (booking and management process)
- System-assisted network optimization
- Network resource management (sectors and airports) and their related optimization
- Standard SWIM interfaces and data formats (AIXM, FIXM, WXXM, AFTN/AMHS, EUROCONTROL ASTERIX CAT)
- Support for coordination between internal ANSP units and stakeholders via a CDM shared board with chat and videoconference utilities.
- Reporting capabilities
- ICAO ATFM (Doc 9971) “Manual on Collaborative Air Traffic Flow Management”;
- ICAO Doc 9965: Manual on Flight and Flow – Information for Collaborative Environment (FF-ICE);
- ICAO Document 9854 Global ATM Operational Concept;
- ICAO Document 9971 Part I – Manual on Collaborative Air Traffic Flow Management;
- ICAO Procedures for Air Navigation Services ATM (PANS-ATM Doc 4444);
- ICAO Annex 11;
- EUROCONTROL European Route Network Improvement Pan (PART 3 ASM Handbook)
- EUROCONTROL Standard Document for Surveillance Data Exchange;
- 4D trajectory prediction using aircraft performance data;
- Data exchange formats: FIXM, AIXM, WXXM
- SOA standards
- OGC standards
the PROuD project has received a Single European Sky Awards 2017 “special mention for performance and safety” during the World ATM Congress in Madrid!
IDS is pleased to show you the PROuD Project video, the European SESAR large scale demonstration project developed to improve emergency medical and rescue helicopters flight operations in challenging weather conditions or environments.
The SESAR demonstration project, PBN Rotorcraft under Demonstation (PROuD), which involved IDS as project coordinator, presented the results of 2 years’ work at a recent workshop in Rome.