The Ground Control Station (GCS) provides an interface which can be used to control and monitor single or multiple UAV missions from takeoff to landing at the same time. It also provides effective control of UAV payloads and allows sensor data transmitted from the UAV to be monitored.
Various UAV payload systems can be controlled by the payload control station using a common interface which communicates with the payloads. This can also use the STANAG 4586 protocol.
The GCS can be deployed in a variety of different hardware configurations according to customer needs: transportable desk mounted, portable or in a rugged standalone version for use out in the field (MIL-STD-810 compliant).
The GCS can communicate with UAVs using the STANAG 4586 protocol allowing it to control and monitor any type of STANAG compliant UAV (both rotary and fixed wing).
Human Machine Interface
The touch screen HMI interface is designed to be user-friendly and to have a highly customizable layout which can be configured through the use of CSS files to suit the operator’s needs.
The HMI automatically adapts caution and warning visualizations to match the UAV’s capabilities and performance data.
Advanced Moving Map
- Advanced 2D moving map displaying:
- Vector data (Shapefile, VMAP, DCW, DVOF, DOF,S-57, DAFIF, Streets DB, ARINC-424
- Elevation/Bathymetry (DEM, DTED, ASCII Grid, Ehdr, netCDF)
- Raster(CADRG, ASRP, CIB, GeoTiff)
- Terrain profile view with obstacles (along UAV heading or along flight plan)
- Advanced terrain algorithms: elevation banding, intervisibility, terrain above elevation
- Map layer selection tool (up to 16 layers)
- Dynamic load of additional raster layers
- Visualization of ADS-B and AIS traffic
- Dynamic loading of geo-referenced payload output images
- Payload footprint representation
- UAV flight and systems status parameters displayed in real time on synoptic panels and graphically depicted in a primary flight display (pitch, heading, roll, altitude, speed, vertical speed)
- Real-time feed of the UAV’s forward camera with overlaid head-up display
- Dedicated panels to:
- set autopilot reference values (semi-automatic mode)
- send high level commands: auto land, loiter, hover, go around, follow flight plan (automatic mode)
- Advanced mission editor tool to create a flight plan using a point and click interface and to verify its feasibility subject to UAV performance, data-link coverage and no fly zones
- Real-time computation and display of data link coverage using the GCS’s actual position determined by an integrated GPS receiver
- Multiple supported payloads: EO/IR gimbals, LIDAR, radar, photogrammetry, signal analyzer (antenna) and communication relays
- Real-time full HD video recording with metadata support
- Multiple input devices available for payload control: keyboard, joystick, mouse, touch screen
- Advanced payload mission tool to define acquisition points/areas
- Payload points/areas can be imported from payload specific files
- Screenshot capture from live payload EO/IR video
- Video and sensor data can be acquired and shared via the Ethernet interface
- Fire and incident mapping
- Speed readout capability
- Street & address lookup
- Marker functions (map pins)