Vehicle mounted IED detection and classification
Minerva is a ground penetrating radar-based integrated protection system for the detection of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), mines and roadside bombs. Its ability to maintain a high detection probability and an extremely low false alarm rate, even at convoy speeds, makes it an ideal tool for mobile military protection, especially of convoys and motorized patrols.
Minerva’s sensor suite is integrated with a central processing unit for real-time mapping with IDS automatic target recognition algorithms to aid identification and classification of detected metallic and non-metallic anomalies and to facilitate decision making.
Minerva can be installed on various tactical combat vehicles, including unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs), for deployable, on-the-move route-clearance and convoy safety and protection.
Minerva GPR Main Benefits
Download Minerva Brochure
Minerva is a product of IDS’s past experience in developing and manufacturing market leading GPR systems and its expertise in radar systems and antenna design.
Minerva – TECHNICAL SHEET
|Dimensions (1 antenna module)||~ 80x80x40 cm|
|Weight (1 antenna module)||< 15 kg|
|Nominal antenna standoff distance||40 cm|
|Targets||IEDs lying on the surface or buried down to 30-50 cm|
|Detection width transversal to track||80 cm each module (e.g. 3 modules = 240 cm)|
|Typical Speed||> 15 kph|
- Antenna array with mechanical support (system is configurable from one up to 4 modules)
- Control and acquisition electronics
- User interface on “Toughbook”
The user software has 3 operational modes:
- On the move data acquisition mode
- Automatic detection and alarm generation
- Activated automatically when the vehicle stops (returns to RUN mode when the vehicle moves off)
- The acquisition systems are active but when the vehicle stops, no data is acquired
- Useful to analyze data in potentially hazardous situations
- Provides access to all visualization and analysis modes
- Ability to view data acquired at any earlier time using a scrollbar
- IED classification
- Route clearance operation mapping
- The system is significantly resilient to external in-band interferences (e.g. communication jamming)
- Metallic and non-metallic objects can be effectively detected
- High resolution (ultra-wide bandwidth) enables the production of detailed images of the detected object
- High dynamic range and high signal stability provides improved sensitivity to detect weak signals in high attenuation soil
- A low internal system clutter profile enables clean raw data acquisition
- The user interface provides intuitive and reliable information during real-time acquisition