Powerful post processing software for radar cross section (RCS) measurement systems
OSCAR is a powerful post processing software tool that enables easy manipulation of RCS measurement data within a structured framework. It provides optimized working procedures to post-process and calibrate data obtained from IDS’s near-field measurement system, RCSMS, or IDS’s offshore measurement system, NADIR as well as from alternative generic RCS measurement systems. It can simply transform an electromagnetic data collection, acquired in either near-field or pseudo far-field conditions, into a calibrated RCS.
OSCAR can process various different types of input data including 3D, 2D and 1D, ISAR and SAR, and also frequency sweep versus acquisition time. From a near-field acquisition it can generate far-field-like radar images in 2D or 3D to highlight the main scattering center and can also evaluate a far-field-like RCS.
OSCAR supports the user through all the processing steps allowing saving, reloading and modification of all the computational steps, both the workflow and the results achieved. It also allows the user to define the appropriate processing template.
OSCAR can be used in synergy with the IDS measurement systems NADIR and RCSMS to provide post processing of radar data. It can also be used to increase the processing capabilities of other RCS near field measurement facilities. In this latter case IDS is able to interface the data formats used.
Oscar Main Benefits
OSCAR – TECHNICAL SHEET
- Efficient, parallel and accurate focusing algorithm, to generate far-field-like radar images
- Evaluation of far-field-like RCS, starting from far-field-like radar images of the target
- Requirements definition and performance assessment
- IFFT and FFT processing;
- Image gating to remove unwanted contributions due to clutter, supporting structures, zero Doppler etc.
- Statistical analysis of RCS results
- Motion compensation and analysis of the dynamics of the target for offshore measurements