The SD-150 Hero is a state-of-the-art vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) unmanned air system from Sistemi Dinamici S.p.A., a joint venture between IDS and AgustaWestland, based on their extensive experience in the aeronautical and sensors fields.
The SD-150 Hero system is composed of:
- Unmanned aerial vehicle with several payload configuration options
- Ground control station including a command & control station and a payload control station
- UAV training simulator
The SD-150 Hero UAV is able to fly a completely autonomous preprogrammed mission from take-off to landing and incorporates multiple safety features which help to ensure a successful mission.
It’s ground control station is an advanced human machine interface composed of a full-HD video capable modular station with two independent operator seats (pilot and payload). It ensures interoperability (STANAG-4586) and provides multi-UAV control.
The UAV training simulator is designed to provide a full training syllabus from pilot/operator system familiarization to complete tactical training.
The SD-150 Hero is the perfect solution for civil and homeland security applications. Whatever the mission, The SD-150 Hero offers a cost effective solution:
- Pipeline and power line inspection
- Mining applications (prism positioning and early warning)
- Pollution control
- Wildlife, field and vegetation monitoring
- GIS (mapping and surveys)
- Flight inspection
- Border control
- Disaster assessment
- Law enforcement
- Fire prevention
The SD-150 Hero UAV offers two modular payload bays (underbelly and nose) which can integrate different payloads in order to fulfill various different missions:
- Gyro stabilized EO HD – IR gimbals
- Synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
- Photogrammetry system
- Communication relay
- AIS Transponder
- ADS-B Transponder