IDS North America Limited (IDS NA) is one of the four global subsidiaries of IDS, Ingegneria Dei Sistemi S.p.A., the leading high-tech solution provider in defense and civil niche market sectors. It provides customized IDS solutions and services to clients in North America (including the USA, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean) as well as marketing and support in other key territories including Southern Africa and some parts of Southeast Asia.
IDS NA aims to develop markets and ensure client satisfaction with local personnel and capabilities providing project management, client support, problem solving and maintenance.
The main sectors that IDS NA operates in are:
- Air Navigation - ICAO endorsed IDS products and systems as well as outsourced services, especially Instrument Flight Procedure Design and Validation (PBN and Conventional, ICAO, TP308, TERPS). Other services include Electromagnetic Analysis for CNS equipment, flight inspection and IFP coverage validation, Airspace Design, Land Use Assessment, AIM Data Management and IFP Design on demand for airports and general aviation. IDS NA currently produces over 1500 IFPs and conducts more than 60 airport and airspace studies per year. In addition, IDS NA is the center of excellence for the development of Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) solutions and also operates an Academy providing IFP and PBN design training, either at its Montreal premises or on-site.
- GeoRadar - A range of Ground Penetrating and Interferometric Radar systems and solutions are commercialized in North America by IDS NA.
- Mining and civil slope monitoring solutions are available through the IBIS Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar family. With IBIS FM for fixed installations and IBIS FMT for mobile applications, along with the advanced Guardian Software, IDS NA is able to answer all calls in relation to slope monitoring. A well trained and experienced Customer Care and Maintenance Unit, located in the Denver office, provides support for all the installed systems in North America.
- IDS's world leading GPRs are available for underground mapping applications. From the most advanced dual frequency dual channel locator on the market, the Opera Duo, to the Stream family of multi-channel complex array solutions, IDS NA is able to provide the right system for all possible needs.
- Security and Defense solutions as well as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
In the area of Research and Development, the IDS NA Systems Development Laboratory develops and maintains products, primarily for Air Navigation, including an AMHS system and the Spatia and CRONOS AIM solutions. This laboratory is a seamlessly integrated part of the IDS Laboratories System.
IDS NA has its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, as well as offices in Montreal, Canada, and a subsidiary, IDSNA Inc., in Denver, USA.