The IA-17 Manta is a small fixed wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) whose flying wing configuration has been designed in order to provide the best performance when employed for patrol, surveillance, aerial observation and reconnaissance missions.
Propulsion is provided by a 2-stroke gasoline engine and the lift and control surfaces are optimized to achieve maximum endurance and a high cruising speed. A parachute allows vertical landing on the ground or water (the platform can float).
The modular construction of the platform offers the capability to easily install different sensor payloads allowing it to be employed in the optimum configuration according to expected scenario conditions.
- Inspection of electrical distribution networks, power lines and power stations
- Visual assessment of infrastructure
- Mining-concerns and general environmental monitoring
- Non-invasive diagnostics
- Inspections of hazardous areas
- Photogrammetry and aerial mapping
- Scientific investigations