AODA - IDS North America Ltd.
As part of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, businesses and organizations which provide goods and services to people in Ontario – including IDS North America Ltd. – will have to meet certain accessibility standards in five areas, including customer service, information and communications, built environment, employment and transportation.
The purpose of the IDS North America Ltd. Accessibility Policy is to provide policies, practices and procedures on providing goods and services to any person with a disability.
IDS North America Ltd. will be referred to as “Our Company” in the material that follows.
Statement of Commitment:
- Our Company will strive to ensure practices and procedures are consistent with the core principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
- Our Company will broadcast to the public these policies, practices and procedures in a conspicuous spot within our premises and on our web-site.
- Our Company will enable that any person be able to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services.
- Our Company staff, volunteers, contractors and any other people who interact with the public or other third parties on our Company’s behalf will be trained in providing accessible customer service.
- Our Company will allow people with disabilities to use a support person, service animal or guide dog in our premises.
- Our Company will provide accessibility parking.
- Our Company does not provide assistive devices.
- Our Company does not charge a fee to anyone who enters our premises.
- Our Company will provide information in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
- Our Company will provide a mechanism for feedback from any person regarding the accessible customer service.
- Our Company will use established company processes to handle any customer complaint.
- Our Company will communicate disruptions in providing accessibility services.
Our Company is located in Kanata south. Our facility is only a small part of a large two story complex. We occupy one corner and two floors. There is no elevator connecting the two floors. There are 3 first floor entrances: front, Shipping and Training Centre. The Shipping and Training Centre entrances have wide double doors with no middle support structure.
Any person entering our Company office for the purpose of accessing related goods or services may be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Although there are no designated accessibility parking spots around this entire complex, any person requiring additional parking space considerations will be provided with required parking services.
Requesting Parking Space Considerations
Any person requiring special parking needs only to call the office: (613) 591-0500 ext. 10. Our Company will ensure the appropriate arrangements are made.
Meetings with people who utilize assistive devices (canes, white canes, walkers, note-taking devices, and personal oxygen devices, motorized vehicles) will be held in offices or the boardroom on the 1st floor. If required, our Company will rent an alternative location should additional meeting space be required. Accommodation for additional parking areas will also be a factor in determining an alternative location.
Our Company does not offer assistive devices.
Our Company will communicate with a person with a disability in a manner that takes into account his or her disability. Our Company will inform customers that alternative forms of documents required under the customer service standard are available upon request. A person will only need to identify his or her requirements so our Company can provide the information in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
Persons requiring a Guide Dog or Service Animal
Our Company allows any person with disabilities accessing the goods or services in our office open to the public or third parties to be accompanied by a guide dog or service animal. The guide dog or service animal may accompany the person with disabilities anywhere within the office.
Persons requiring a support person
Our Company allows any person with disabilities accessing the goods or services in the office open to the public or third parties to be accompanied by a support person. The support person may accompany the person with disabilities anywhere within the office.
Charge for entering premise
Our Company does not charge an admission fee for any person entering the office.
Post notifications when the facilities are not available to persons with disabilities.
If possible, our Company will post notices on our web-site when the office or services that people with disabilities rely on to access or use our goods or services are temporarily disrupted. Power outages that impact the web-servers may eliminate the availability of web-site notices. Similar notices will also be posted at our front and Training Centre entrances. Regardless, these notices will contain the reason for the disruption, anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or services, if any, that are available.
Our Company Training
Persons developing policies, practices and procedures
All staff, volunteers, contractors and any other people who are involved in developing our policies, practices and procedures on the provision of goods or services are trained in providing accessible customer service.
Persons representing Our Company
All staff, volunteers, contractors and any other people who interact with the public or other third parties on our Company’s behalf are trained in providing accessible customer service.
New employees who meet the criteria of interacting with the public will be trained within 30 days of employment.
Records of training will include the dates of training and the individuals who received the training.
Our Company will allow feedback to be in person, by telephone, in writing or by email.
We welcome your feedback about Accessibility and invite your comments.
- Approach your contact person at our Company directly to provide feedback or seek assistance; or
- Email, phone call, fax or send a letter to:
Accessibility at IDS North America Ltd.
IDS North America Ltd.
1-155 Terence Matthews Cres.
Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 2A8
Telephone: (613) 591-0500 ext. 10 | Fax: (613) 591 0981
We may need to contact you to gather and/or provide further information.
- Your name
- Your affiliation (e.g. customer, staff, consultant, volunteer, or accompanying person)
- Contact information (telephone and/or email)
- A brief summary of your feedback
All feedback will be reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate individual.
In the case of a complaint, our Company will use our existing ISO 9001:2008 processes for handling Customer complaints.
Our Company’s response shall take into account the person’s disability and detail exactly how we plan to take action on the complaint.
Feedback will be acknowledged via email within 2 business days.